I recently applied for a job at Cbeyond. They seemed to be very excited about adding me to the team. When they saw that I was still serving one weekend a month in the military as a reservist, they became hesitant. They continued to ask me whether my military service would come in the way of my work at Cbeyond.
After three interviews they brought me in to speak to a board of managers. I was again asked if my military involvement would interfere with my work at Cbeyond. When they began to ask me questions on some of my accomplishments, I of course cited some of the things I had overcome and achieved in the military. At that point the hiring managers were quick to point out that they were not the military.
I was deeply offended by this. I could not believe the audacity of such a comment. I continued with the interview and was reminded several more times that military accomplishments were not reflective of their industry. When I explained I was only using this as a comparison, one of the managers actually rolled their eyes.
Veterans beware. I have never in my life come across a company that is so hostile towards military involvement.review #107956
You may also like
- "Very unhappy about this. I tried to call a US number to a company that I sometimes deal with. I have called them many times before to order items when..."
- "EXTREMELY SATISFIED ~ AT&T Billing Formula was becoming more and more complicated to understand, slick and confusing bundle packages designed to (save the customer money) and overpriced bills laden with..."
- "Bend over when you sign the CBeyond Contract - they will say anything to get you to sign, and then you will have *** to pay to try to leave..."
- "I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part,..."
- "Please be advised this Merchant has not proved to be cooperative with my requests and their company policies. I have made 9 attempts via email to resolve matters with the Merchant..."
- "United PetSafe almost killed my Greyhound on July 3, 2013 on our flights from San Diego to Boston. My dog and my cat were never allowed out of their crates,..."
- "To the company of Waste Managment I just recently moved into my new house. I put out my trash last night and this morning I walk out to find a failed..."
- "I called Casting 360 and the lady, who probably sits in the Phillipines, (as my wife is from there and I am very savvy of the accent) was very eager..."
- "First, the delivery guys took the doors and shelves/bins off the new fridge, and placed them in the wet grass and dirt, leaning them up unprotected, against the tree in..."