I am a business owner in California who made the mistake of signing a contract with C-Beyond in March 2010. It was one of the worst mistakes I have ever made as a business owner, and I am still paying the price for it.

The largest of many problems was that their T1 routers misread every phone number dialed out by our (new) PBX, resulting in a 100% loss of outgoing calls. C-Beyond informed me that the problem was with my phone equipment and not their routers. After spending $800 on phone testing and tech support, it was determined that the problems were, in fact, with C-Beyond's routers. However, C-Beyond was unwilling/unable to do anything about it. Simply put, my existing equipment was irreconcilably incompatible with C-Beyond's, and could not be made to work under any circumstances. This all should have been determined at the time of sale, but the eager young sales representative was too busy salivating over the contract to do a proper site survey.

I spent a full month without use of my phone system, which nearly crippled my business, until I could switch back to AT&T. C-Beyond is completely unresponsive to any and all requests for support once they realize you are not happy with them. They are still trying to bill me $1,500 for services they completely failed to provide.

Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from this business. I wish I had.

Had an Experience with Cbeyond?

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #814934

I've been on hold for 2 hours waiting for someone at Cbeyond to answer my question on why my services suck... Still on hold.

Wakulla Springs, Florida, United States #228807

They are installing out-of-sale Cisco equipment. Equipment from 15 years ago. The were setting up businesses to run phone and data on a T1. Sure, you have an SLA on a T1 but Jesus, this place could get FIOS for 1/8th the price and then go with a managed VoIP solution for *** near nothing! These days, with cell phones and whatnot you can deal with only the 4 nines that FIOS or DSL gives you.

Such a rip. I didn't take the job. Couldn't live with myself.

Wakulla Springs, Florida, United States #228802

LMAO. Thanks for the good laugh. You should try stand up.

"Just write to the FCC it is easy download the FCC form and fax it to the FCC. I did it and Cbeyond had to reimburse me.

They hope you do not know that once you complain they have to help you."

I have been running Cbeyond services for 5 years.Their product is reliable and affordable.

I am grateful for the original, aggressive sales representative that originally knocked on my door. Never have I had downtime and my business one of the largest online businesses in the country. If you are wondering, I as well do not work for Cbeyond. Also, the phone service that is a part of the Cbeyond T1 works incredibly well and I HAVE NEVER, EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY PHONE SYSTEM AS A RESULT OF IT.

I would be willing to show anyone my set up. The *** above, Joe, has no clue of what he is talking about. A T1 is a T1. Have you heard of Boost Mobile?

They buy time from Sprint. The coverage is the same, but the bill is lower. Go with Cbeyond. They will save you money and provide excellent service.

There is no difference between the T1 that AT&T provides and the T1 Cbeyond provides.

AT&T installs the T1 for Cbeyond with the same lines that they install for their own service.Cbeyond can offer the great price to their endusers because of the high volume that they do.

JOE

You are a Dumb ***....Cbeyond (Wholesale Customer) is the ILEC customer just like any other customer and the T1 service is the same as any other.It's called Deregulation.The ILEC sells the T1 to the Clec at a discount so they can compete.Just like any other Business in this world does.

This is not a cheaper T1 or lower class of service. ATT standard does not have 2 levels of T1 service... Get a life and quit bashing a company that is providing a service. If you are a customer and don't know what your buying because you are to cheap to hire quality IT personal, or know what your buying, then you deserve what you get.

If you want to got the cheap route know what you are getting.

If you what a caddy go with an ILEC and pay 5x as much for the same thing.All you so called business owners need to learn how to do business, Because if you can't handle a contract you should not be in BUSINESS anyway...AT&T

Poor cBeyond.Their sales people ARE very aggressive and deserve all the bad press they are getting on this site BUT..

cBeyond's products are good AND they've got the BEST prices for T1 and bonded T1 service. People have to know what they are buying. I compare it to shopping at Fry's. You have to know EXACTLY what you want, don't rely on sales staff help, and then proceed to get the BEST price for the exact product you were looking to buy.

BTW Joe, there are no good and bad T1s. A T1 is a digital circuit that either works or doesn't. As long as AT&T installs the circuit correctly, then the 'service' from cBeyond, XO, TelePacific, or whoever, will work just FINE. To scstoves, sounds like your PBX vendor didn't know how to properly configure your new system.

Or, if they were trying to use SIP, they should have checked to make sure their product was certified to work with 'cBeyond' SIP. To those who complain about speed, T1s DON'T compare to DSL and Cable for download speed. That's not the proper application for the product.

If you want reliable, 1.5Mb speed in BOTH directions AND don't want to share bandwidth with other subscribers, then get a T1.In case you are wondering, I don't work for cBeyond.

They hope you do not know that once you complain they have to help you.

csrountree

Hi,

I am with Eye Virtual, and we provide similar (but better) services than CBeyond. I want you to know that you are not alone. I am an Account Exec and when I talk to new clients, they are fed up with CBeyond and their poor customer service and actual service. I have never dealt with the company myself, just spoken with many unhappy clients. If you are looking for better services with great customer service, let me know, I will be more than willing to assist!

chris.rountree@eyevirtual.com

www.EyeVirtual.com

Thanks and best of luck to you!

When CBeyond negotiates your T1 lines with the local carriers (BellSouth, Verizon, AT&T, Qwest)-they don't tell you that they get them for pennies on the dollar.Think about it?

You probably switched to CBeyond thinking they were cheaper and that your business could cut costs. CBeyond in-turn purchases or leases these T1 lines from your previous servvice provider and gets cheap quality because they pay cheap prices to keep the quality down.

Oh...everytime it rains a little in California, the T1's fail.Get out while you can and spread the word about CBeyond to your local businesses around you that may be thinking about switching to this company.

AGREED, CBEYOND LIES TO ITS CUSTOMERS AND DOESN'T EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT THEY PIGGY BACK OFF OF THE LOCAL ILEC's.AT&T, VERIZON, QWEST ARE THE REAL T1 PROVIDERS AN THEY AREN't GOING TO GIVE CBEYOND QUALITY T1 LINES WHEN THEY HAVE THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS TO FULFILL.

IF YOU HAVE SWITCHED AND ARE ABOUT TO SWITCH TO CBEYOND...FORGET ABOUT IT. CBEYOND IS A DYING BREED, THEY DO NOT INVEST IN TECHNOLOGY.

TEHY ARE FALLING WAY BEHIND THE COMPETITION BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP.IF YOU WANT CHEAP SERVICE GO WITH THIS CHEAP COMPANY.